Sunday, December 1, 2013

My finishing strategy for my NaNo book!

So, I won NaNoWriMo last month (which, you know, was just a day ago.) And I have a NaNo novel. Only, I really don't, as I have anywhere between 40k and 60k left to write for the novel.

Now, it's easy to lose momentum after writing for all of November, so I'm going to alter my writing for the next month.

Basically, I'm going to revise my first 50k words until I'm caught up again. And then, I'm going to be very, very methodical as I finish the novel. Revise each page as I write. Revise and revise until I'm satisfied and then move on.

I probably won't be done in December, but that's okay. I rather enjoy this book, so I figure the best route here was to write with care, and do the opposite of what I did for NaNoWriMo.

Nothing against literary abandon, but I have a hefty tome on my hands, and I need to exercise some care.

No comments:

Post a Comment