Friday, August 17, 2012

Free Writing 6

GUSS:
Ugh. Your broken body lies sickly still.
Not my fault, yet I know I brought this on
When I decided to go behind your
Back with her. But it's as much your as
Mine, and maybe a little hers.

DIS PATER:
                                             Yet you
Chose to act on base instinct without so
Much as a thought for the consequences.
Look what it has brought to these poor souls. In
One case, a dead man who was once your friend.
In another, a woman wracked with grief
For all that she has lost.

GUSS:
                                    I do not need
Your council father of death.

DIS PATER:
                                            True, this will
Be the second time you ignored my best
Advice.

GUSS:
            I must make my decisions as
I see best. Not rely on the thoughts of
A wretched fallen one who has lost his
Hold over a simple domain.

DIS PATER:
                                            Nothing
Simple about the hold I used to have.
But you'll learn now, won't you?

GUSS:
                                              I fear nothing.

DIS PATER:
You will.

GUSS:
              Never.

DIS PATER:
                          We'll see.

GUSS:
                                          I've heard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment