Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I was supposed to blog about NaNoWriMo

Yeah. I didn't blog very well about NaNoWriMo this year... But I won! So I figure it's better that I worked hard on the book and neglected the blog than the other way around. And really, I never work particularly hard on the blog. But I've been working really hard on my writing.

I won Script Frenzy in April, am about to finish another screenplay, and have written the first drafts to two novels in the past two months, the NaNoWriMo one included. I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Anymore, I write every day, basically without even thinking about it. I find something to write about. I don't know if this is because it's simply become habit for me or if I've found my voice, or whatever other reason. I'm just happy it's happened.

While I probably continue to neglect this blog, I figure I can at least continue writing other things.

In fact, I think, given that I wrote two novels in two months, I'm going to try and treat every month like NaNoWriMo. Crazy? Yes. Stupid? Probably. Will I suffer burnout? I sure might.

But I think I'm going to give it a shot. When I get where I can't work well on a project, I'll do revisions on previous novels. I'm doing revisions on the book I started in October, and it's really cleared my mind and made me feel ready to continue writing.

So, I'm going to give this a shot. I'll probably do more updates via twitter (@britward) than I would here on the blog, but I'll try to talk about the process as it happens, if I even manage another month.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment